Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Spearfishing License Fees

Do you have your Vaseline ready? Well you better because you are about to be screwed!!

I have just received notice from the SAUFF guys on the new fees structure, and it is not a pretty sight.
This what I got from Richard:

These are PROPOSED new fees

A subsistence fishermen goes from R5 to R6 per year.

And a Spearo goes from R75 to R300…..a Fishermen goes to R200 (Pricing discrimination that SAUFF have to put a stop to!!!!)

We have one month to write to them with our “public comment”.!

JUST LIKE THAT FOLKS !!!!!

Folks please send this out to all your contact lists even if they are listed above.

Comments should please include myself so that I have as many views as possible before submitting SAUFF’s comments.

Best regards

Richard Bruno
Here is a copy of the Gazette go to page 24 and check out the new price's: Gazzete Increase Doc

I think I am going to become a subsistence fisherman, I pay R6 and have no limits or restrictions. Where is the conservation and justice in this?

Coatesman

3 comments:

Greg said...

This proposed increase is pure madness!!

Not only do they want to increase the spearfishing license to R300 but the crayfish license to R500 and the fishing license to R200...

This means it would cost me R1000 a year to partake in a recreational activity...

I am all for increases but putting up prices 600% is a taking things a bit far!!

Would be good to hear other views on this??

Anonymous said...

Yeowzers! they screw us hard! I got an ache! :(
have to now sell perlies to make up the money for the licenses. :P see if they like that

Anonymous said...

Where does the money go anyway ? Certainly not back into marine conservation you can be sure. Why the disproportionate bias against speoro's who arguably have a low enviromental impact especially when expressed in terms of total fish take and species utilisation?