Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spearfishing Oppertunity Missed

Once again the sea is pea green and I was just not amped to get in .....call me spoilt, but groveling in 3m vis is not my idea of fun.

I was driving off to work this morning and realised that the 'summer run' was probably over! Although we might have some good days left before the quiet period in late April and May, the bumper cuta filled mornings are probably over til next year.
I can remember one year a mate dropping everything the one week in February when it was on. His comment was this happens only once in the year and he was going to make the most of it.

I on the other hand did not make the most of the good run of water and fish we had a month ago. Some how I just missed it and there was always the hope that we would get some more days.
This just was not to be, some rain and then 2 weeks of swell blew that one.

Now we are going to have to jump on every day that comes our way, there will still be good fish ...just not guaranteed like in early Feb.

Next week Tuesday shows a strong south .....maybe it will turn things around??

Coatesman

P.S - dont forget the Salty Divers Club meet tomorrow nite!!!

No comments: