Friday, March 23, 2007

Spearfishing and Surfing Report

I took a look at Ballito Main beach this morning just to see how the waves were breaking and see if there were any banks. The only bank seems to be at Bathers but Surfers has nothing to shout about. I dont think we will see anything special from this area for a while.

This is not a bad thing considering the raw sewage that is pouring onto the beach at the moment, I dont need to be tempted to go surf there!

But all is not lost there are some spots that have heaps of sand ..... and no poo!!! So we will still get wet!

On the dive front I am quiet optimistic that it will clean up, the water has already gone from brown to green and I am sure that the next good west will do some more good. I am quiet keen to explore some of the scoured out points and ledges.

Anyway I will keep you posted.

Coatesman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Coatesman, shot for the awesome blog, it's good to be able to know whats happening in the sea while sitting in hazy JHB... Uzzo