Friday, February 23, 2007

Surf and Freediving Report

Howdy Chaps,
 
Well I finally got in for a dive this morning, and it was great. The water was 26deg slightly warmer than it has been. The vis was 6 - 8m a little milky from the swell.
 
The clouds made 4 a late start with it only getting light at 5:30 so it was a quick dive, I saw snoek 3 times in the first 10 min but the low light made it difficult to see them. I did finally get a 5kg model out of a nice shoal of 10 - 15 snoek.
 
Two other guys also were in the water and got in just after me ,but did not see any fish .... I guess I was luck today.
(Morne left his fins at home and had to go back and fetch them ..... That's never happened to me before .. promise :-) ),
 
It looks good for tomorrow and I think most spots will be divable, with La Mercy being very clean yesterday. I also heard that the cuta have been coming out off the Bluff ... and apparently some good size chaps as well.
 
See you in the water
 
Coatesman

No comments: