Friday, May 1, 2009

Braidy gets his 8 Crayfish!

Braiden Coates with his first 8 crayfish complements of Xfins!

The 1 of May will be a day Braidy will remember for years to come. I think most guys remember the first day they get their 8 Crayfish on a dive.  And today is no exception for braidy, he has been catching crays for almost 2 seasons and up till now has only managed 3 on a dive. 

The one thing that has made the biggest difference to his diving is his new pair of Xfins. I got a special pair made up for him from the guys at Xfin Freediving and Spearfishing Fins. They made up a pair of ultra light spearfishing fins that are narrower and shorter to suit Braidens build.

I think I under estimated the effect the fins would have on his diving, in the pool test he moved like a bullet compared to his old fins. But not only has his speed in the water improved, he dived for almost 3 hours with constant swimming. Something he would never have managed before.

Braidy was super stoked ... especially since he caught a bigger bug than me today!!
Soon I wont have to catch any buggs ...  :-)

Coatesman

No comments: