Well I should have gone spearfishing this morning, but the thought of green water was not too inviting.
Just a little bit of news, I have been speaking to one of the environmental consultants involved in the rehabilitation of our coastline. And he tells me that they are considering putting in artificial reefs to help protect and improve / widen the beaches.
These artificial reefs will either seriously mess up the surf or be a huge blessing. I know that they are going in down at Cape st Francis. Read more about the Artificial Reef
On the weather front a series of low pressure systems are sitting of our coast. This makes for great weather, but it means that the south just does not blow hard enough to clean the sea up properly. The sea did almost clean up yesterday, then the east blew and we were back to square one again.
The first sign of a cold front is mid week next week, there just seems to be very big gaps between the fronts. This will effect more than just the surf and diving. If the current does not switch and the cold water does not come. We might be in for another sardine less winter.
For those lucky enough to be able to get to Aliwal Shoal, thats where it is all happening. A boat got 10 Wahoo yesterday, and I am sure it is on again today looking at the weather.
The south coast is also green this morning, so don't be in a rush to drive downs south unless you have a boat.
Thats all for now
Some More Great Spearfishing Videos
- Giant Tuna being Hand feed
- Spearfishing 3 Kings - New Zealand with MJK
- Spearfishing Madagascar & Mozambique with MJK
- Spearfishing New Zealand Bluefin Tuna & Tonga with MJK
- Coatesmans Pole Spear Spearfishing Fail
- How to make the best Spearfishing Flasher with Chris Coates
- Free Swimming Dog Tooth tuna while Spearfishing Madagascar
- Spearfishing Sailfish Madagascar
- Spearfishing Dogtooth Tuna Madagascar
- Sailfish Attacking Baits