There is a "Spearo Camp" going down up our way on the North Coast this weekend. It has been put together by Grant Somers and the guys at Freedivers. The weekend is aimed at the entry level spearfisherman, and from what I hear it is something you dont want to miss.
There will be some basics from equipment tech talk to practicals in the pool and sea. Its not often guys will take the time out to lead the new guys through the basics. I know that even if you have been diving for some time there will be something to learn. These guys have decades of experience and are willing to share it.
The program looks like this:
- Friday Night - Freediving theory and spear gun mechanics, spearing Movie! braai for supper.
- Saturday-morning (intermediates) free dive with two instructors, (beginners) pool training
- Saturday-afternoon (intermediates) freedive deeper water. (beginners) sight targeting.
- Saturday night- boat, shore and safety. SAs Best spearos in action!! GREAT SPEARING VIDEO and braai.
- Sunday- Beginners get to go to sea!
There is a small cost to help cover costs ..R80 cheap!! There is also accommodation available if you need to stay over.
Call Grant on - 0832274917 or check in at Freedivers for more info.
This is one not to be missed.