Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Spearfishing Blue Bush Cape Vidal and the Elusive Cuta
We were Spearfishing up at Cape Vidal 2 weeks ago, and it was dead quiet, and it was that way for days. Traditionally early the pace only picks up in February. So when I heard the boys were off to Vidal, my thoughts were that they were going to scratch for fish.
I dont know about you but Spearfishing Vidal can be a serious hit or miss affair. Many of my best fish have come off Leven Point, but I have had just as many scratch dives there as well.
For those that don't know, Leven Point is a 24km boat ride from the launch site ...... and most often in not so nice seas. So when you hit a blank ...... its a hard pill to swallow.
Craig Harper made the long trip worth while with his 24kg Cuta shot off Blue Bush just south of Leven Point.
Way to go Craig ...... I suppose that it going to be the cuta to beat this year!!!
Some More Great Spearfishing Videos
- Giant Tuna being Hand feed
- Spearfishing 3 Kings - New Zealand with MJK
- Spearfishing Madagascar & Mozambique with MJK
- Spearfishing New Zealand Bluefin Tuna & Tonga with MJK
- Coatesmans Pole Spear Spearfishing Fail
- How to make the best Spearfishing Flasher with Chris Coates
- Free Swimming Dog Tooth tuna while Spearfishing Madagascar
- Spearfishing Sailfish Madagascar
- Spearfishing Dogtooth Tuna Madagascar
- Sailfish Attacking Baits